As an employee, you work hard for your employer. As a hardworking and loyal employee, you deserve fair treatment and to be paid properly under California law. Unfortunately, many employees are not treated fairly and do not receive all the pay to which they are entitled in California.
We know employment law, and we understand how employers violate it. If you or someone you know in California has been the victim of an illegal pay practice, other types of wage and hour violation, or any other employment law right, we encourage you to contact an experienced San Diego employment law attorney at our law firm.
Has your employer failed to pay you overtime? Do you receive the minimum salary required for exempt employees? Are you able to take your breaks and your 30 minute meal periods? Does your boss harass you or discriminate against you? Were you wrongfully terminated? Are you suffering work place retaliation? Has your employer reimbursed you for expenses that you advanced out-of-pocket? Do you suspect that you have been misclassified as an exempt employee or independent contractor? Whatever your employment law grievance, you have rights under federal and state laws.
With more than 40 years of combined experience, the California employment lawyers at the Employment Law Office of Ward Heinrichs, can explain your rights to you and help you get compensation and/or owed pay and wages.
Helping Employees Bring Claims Against Tough Employers
Many employees fear to raise pay, wage, or harassment issues with an employer. After all, your employer puts bread on your table in exchange for your work. You may fear termination or being black balled. You may want to maintain peace at work. Yet, if you don’t take action, who will? At the very least, give us a call.
We understand the delicate balance of power that exists between you and your employer. Having a knowledgeable employment lawyer helping you, can relieve your stress and protect your relationship and rights. In many cases, we can protect you from retaliation. In any event, because we are employment attorneys, your discussions with us are fully confidential. You risk nothing by discussing your issues with us. Initial consultations are free.
Wage and Hour Law
We have handled a significant number of wage and hour law disputes, including disputes involving:
- Overtime: You have a right to receive full compensation for all of the work you perform for your employer.
- Minimum wage: You must be paid the local, state, or federal minimum wage, which ever is the highest.
- Minimum salary: All salaried employees must be paid at least two times the state minimum wage that a full-time employee earns.
- Denied rest or lunch breaks: Is your work load forcing you to skip your 30-minute lunch break or 10-minute rest period?
- Unreimbursed employee expenses: Employers must reimburse employees for certain out-of-pocket, work-related expenses.
- Employee misclassification: Are you receiving a salary but are not given the authority and responsibility of a truly exempt employee? Many salaried employees do not exercise independent discretion and judgement as the law defines those terms. Has your business misclassified you as an independent contractor? Most “independent contractors” who work for a single employer are really employees. If that’s the case, you probably are owed overtime pay and other penalties.
Employment Class Actions
If you are facing a pay, wage, or other employment issue, chances are that other employees are also facing that same issue. If that is true, our California employment law attorneys may be able to combine all of those claims in a class action case. We have a proven record of results in employment class actions and can help you start or join a class action against your employer.
Contact Our Experienced Employment Lawyers
If you work for an employer who is violating your rights, do not hesitate to contact the Employment Law Office of Ward Heinrichs. We are compassionate advocates for employees throughout California.
Initial consultations are always free.
Contact Ward Heinrichs at: 858-292-0792