California Unreimbursed Expenses Attorneys
San Diego, Inland Empire and Los Angeles Employee Rights Lawyers
In today’s modern work environment, employees are often asked to make significant sacrifices for the sake of their employer. At the same time, employers are also finding other ways to cut corners, such as refusing to respond to unreimbursed work expense requests.
If your employer has not reimbursed you for work-related expenses or you do not feel safe asking your employer to reimburse your out-of-pocket expenses, consider this: the California labor code requires that employers reimburse employees for certain types of work-related expenses. You have a right to seek reimbursement and a right to bring your employer to court if it doesn’t happen.
At Employment Law Office of Ward Heinrichs, our California unreimbursed expenses lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience handling employment law issues. We understand the problems that arise in the workplace and the common missteps that employers make to violate the law. Because we understand the practical realities of the workplace, we are able to efficiently and effectively find the information you need to prove that your employer made a serious mistake.
Contact our law office in San Diego, California, today. We represent clients in the Inland Empire, San Diego, Los Angeles and throughout California.
Types of Employee Expenses
Almost any job-related purchase that benefits your employer is considered an employee expense and should be reimbursed by your employer, including:
- Tools and equipment needed for the job, such as construction tools required for a construction job
- Safety equipment and protective clothing
- Required physical examinations
- Professional license fees or other licensing fees
- Mileage driven during work (not to and from work) for work-related activities
- Car repairs, parking fees and other vehicle expenses involving work-related activities
- Buying work-related uniforms, with company logos and uniforms that cannot be worn for anything but work
- Work and business-related seminars and education
Assert Your Rights as an Employee. Contact Us.
Our California employment law attorneys represent security guards, restaurant workers, car mechanics, construction workers and other employees who have unreimbursed work expenses. If you believe your employer should pay some of the expenses you have been forced to pay, contact us. Initial consulitations are always free.
For more information call us at: 858-292-0792